ZircoFlex® is our range of revolutionary flexible heat shield materials, offering superb thermal barrier performance at minimal weight and minimal thickness. With its origins in the UK nuclear industry, and unique to Zircotec, we have developed this proprietary heat shield technology to meet a wide range of thermal insulation and heat shield requirements. The ZircoFlex® range of heat shield materials offers a solution that is:
- Flexible – ZircoFlex® is easily bent and manipulated to suit different geometries and requirements
- Lightweight – ZircoFlex® is designed to provide a high performance yet lightweight heat shield solution
- Extremely thin – All formats are engineered to be thin and need only minimal space for installation
- Bespoke – our heat shield management experts are on hand to work with you to satisfy the most demanding of specifications, including OEM, F1 and motorsport
- Robust – The material is metal backed (with a choice of backing material) to suit specific requirements
- Easily cut & installed – Designed by be cut by hand or machine
- Easily fixed in place – Using mechanical fasteners or clips, and even high temperature adhesives
ZircoFlex® heat shield is available in a number of formats
ZircoFlex® I is a single thickness flexible ceramic heat shield. The material offers superb thermal barrier performance it weighs 0.46kg/m2 and is 0.25mm thick, only needing minimal installation space. The heatshield has an aluminium backing making it robust but malleable. ZircoFlex I has a multitude of applications and is supplied to various motorsports including F1.
ZircoFlex I comes is available in four sizes; mini roll, A4 (297 X 210mm), Half Sheet (450 X 550mm) and Full Sheet (900 X 550mm).
ZircoFlex® II is an engineered double thickness ZircoFlex® format that offers additional thermal barrier performance and more rigidity compared to ZircoFlex® I material but can is still capable of the same levels of flexibility. ZircoFlex II weighs 1kg/m2 and is 0.5mm thick.
ZircoFlex® III – a flexible triple thickness ceramic heat shield that offers yet more thermal performance coupled with significant rigidity when compared to the original ZircoFlex I® material. It is still flexible and can be manipulated to suit different geometries. It weighs 1.5kg/m2 and is 0.85mm thick.
ZircoFlex II and ZircoFlex III are available in three different sizes; A4 (297 X 210mm), Half Sheet (450 X 550mm) and Full Sheet (900 X 550mm).
ZircoFlex® Bespoke Metallic Heat Shield – our proven Zircotec Ceramic Coating Technology has now been combined with our advanced fabricated metallic heat shields to offer customers a range of bespoke heat barriers that outperform existing products whilst being lighter and thinner than anything comparable on the market.
ZircoFlex® I, II and III products can be purchased direct – contact us. ZircoFlex® heat shield is unique, protected by patent or patent pending and is only available from Zircotec and its authorised partners.
ZircoFlex® heat shield – some technical details
ZircoFlex® flexible ceramic heat shield material is the culmination of more than five years intensive research and materials science, using a new technology in which the ceramic material is sprayed in the form of thousands of individual ‘platelets’ onto the surface of the backing foil. While these platelets are close-packed to provide comprehensive heat protection, their structure coupled with the forming processes allows the foil to be flexible and easily manipulated and bent to shape.