Our innovative ZircoFlex® and ZircoFlex® FORM ceramic heat shield materials are particularly beneficial for OEMs in search of a lightweight and flexible solution to heat management that can be easily retrofitted if necessary.
Benefits over traditional heat shields include:
- High performance with minimal weight and thickness – To help meet stringent weight and efficiency targets. ZircoFlex® I only weighs 0.46kg/m2 with a thickness of just 0.25mm.
- Ease of fitment line-side – With a thin aluminium-backed and ceramic foil that is easily cut and folded to shape, by hand or machine. The metal construction allows the use of mechanical fasteners or high-temperature adhesives and can also be supplied with self adhesive backing, good for up to 500°C.
- A guaranteed supply line – For high-volume orders, with a proven track record supplying the worldwide motorsport industry.
- Effective protection – Of engine bay components, bodywork and vulnerable electrics from engine and exhaust heat.
- Reduced heat soak to the cabin – To reduce reliance on heavy heat insulation materials and improve passenger comfort.
- Fuel tank protection – That is easily fitted to complex structures with sharp bend radius and where there is a minimal package space.
- Thermal insulation of silencer and catalyst units – To protect bodywork, hydraulics and other vulnerable components.
- Ready to use – Avoids lengthy design processes, which is particularly beneficial for testing and prototyping purposes.
- Structural rigidity – Of ZircoFlex® FORM can be an advantage in a wide range of OEM applications. It offers a unique combination of high strength, low weight and high heat resistance.