Plasma Applied Ceramic Thermo Coating Technology for Industrial Applications
Zircotec’s plasma applied specialist coatings are used across a broad range of industries and industrial applications including: Oil & gas, Power Generation, Manufacturing, Defence, Nuclear, and Automotive. Our key product offerings are:
- Zircotec® thermal barrier plasma applied ceramic coatings.
- ZircoFlex® foil – Our flexible ceramic heat shield material.
- Zircotec® carbon composite coatings.
- Anti-wear coating for carbon composites.
- Ceramic fabrications.
- Specialist surface preparations and coatings.
Thermal Barrier Plasma Applied Ceramic Coatings
Our ThermoHold® based plasma applied ceramic coatings have been developed to significantly reduce heat transfer, providing lightweight and easily packaged coatings to reduce heat loss from hot components with specialist coatings developed for bespoke heat requirements.
Performance White™ delivers the ultimate in thermal barrier performance. It has quickly become the mainstay of Zircotec’s offering to motorsport, and is now used in a broad range of other applications. Click here for further details of our entire range of automotive coatings, all of which have applications beyond the automotive sector.
ZircoFlex® Foil – Our flexible Ceramic Heat Shield Material
ZircoFlex® is our revolutionary flexible ceramic heat shield material, offering superb thermal barrier performance at minimal weight (0.46kg/m2) and minimal thickness (0.25mm) . The material is produced as a thin aluminium backed foil that is shipped in the form of a roll.
Typical applications for ZircoFlex® include:
- Protection of heat sensitive components and structures from local heat sources.
- The insulation of pipework and structures to reduce heat loss.
- Reduction of heat soak, e.g. where personnel need to work close to a heat source.
- Fire protection.
Zircotec® Carbon Composite Coatings
We have developed a range of specialist coatings that are plasma sprayed onto carbon composite (and some plastics) to provide protection from radiant heat or hot gas, offer fire resistance, and protect against delamination and resin melt. Additionally, we can apply a heat-reflective plasma applied ceramic coating for extra protection against radiant heat. Adopted widely in F1 motorsport, and with patents pending, our technology is attracting significant interest from other industries where carbon composite is used.
Anti-Wear Coating for Carbon Composites
A further derivative of our carbon composite coating technology is a product that provides physical protection for the surface of carbon composite components, helping to prevent damage from wear, abrasion, stone chips, etc., to vulnerable components.
Click here for further details of our Carbon Composite Coating.
A key part of Zircotec’s business is the fabrication of components from a range of different ceramic materials by similar techniques to those used for our ceramic coatings. We manufacture a range of components such as:
- High-temperature Ceramic Crucibles
- Ceramic Filters, e.g. for use in gas detectors.
- Ceramic Furnace Components such as ceramic tubes.
- High-temperature ceramic Susceptor Tubes for use in optical fibre production.
- Ceramic components for their combined Electrical and Thermal Insulation.