ZircoFlex® is the industry leading ceramic heatshield material and is the product of choice for manufacturers due to its versatility and superb thermal barrier performance at minimal weight and thickness. The material is produced either as a structural stainless steel heat shield (ZircoFlex® FORM) or as a thin aluminium backed foil that is:
- Flexible – ZircoFlex® is easily bent and manipulated to suit different geometries.
- Lightweight – ZircoFlex® I weighs only 0.46kg/m2
- Extremely thin – At 0.25mm overall.
- Metal backed – The material is robust and easy to handle.
- Easily installed – Can be cut and installed by hand or machine.
- Easily fixed in place – Using mechanical fasteners or high temperature adhesives.
ZircoFlex® is available in a number of formats:
ZircoFlex® I – This is ZircoFlex® in its single thickness format (as outlined above);
ZircoFlex® II – An engineered double thickness format offering additional thermal barrier performance and a little more rigidity; still thin (~0.5mm) and lightweight (~1 kg/m2);
ZircoFlex® III – An engineered triple thickness format offering yet more thermal performance. This is a relatively rigid material that can be used to construct small self-supporting structures, though it is still easily cut and bent to shape and is still relatively thin (~0.85mm) and lightweight (~1.5 kg/m2).
Click here for ZircoFlex Data Sheet
Also available, our ZircoFlex® FORM structural heat shields.
Find more information here.