Zircotec specialises in heat management. We are experts in plasma-spray processing, We have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer with strong special purpose machinery design experience to work for an advanced thermal management solutions company based in Abingdon.
Zircotec specialises in heat management. We are experts in plasma-spray processing, production of high-performance surface coatings, heat shields and finishes. We apply this knowledge to a broad range of sectors including motorsport, general automotive, nuclear, aerospace, defence, niche vehicles and off-highway. Zircotec is poised for exponential growth within the next year.
Our product range includes plasma applied ceramic thermal barriers and a broad range of thermal management technologies. This is a rapidly growing company working in F1, automotive, aerospace, low carbon vehicle applications and emerging technologies to deliver class leading thermal solutions.
Responsibilities as our Mechanical Project Engineer will include:
- Reporting to the Project Manager you will be a main technical point of contact with customers and stakeholders on assigned projects.
- Design and development of cutting-edge engineered solutions in delivering against these requirements to quality, costs and timings.
- Technical lead involving hands-on design, building and testing of exciting new products and processes with inclusion of robotics, automation, 3D printing, plasma coatings all towards current and future productionisation.
- Technical support and production process development for the production department and future process automation.
- Development and commissioning of tools, jigs and fixtures for projects and production.
- Support to the marketing department for customer required technical solutions and design proposals.
- Liaising with product users to optimise new process developments.
- Leading of design reviews and project technical updates.
- Producing of engineering drawings and bill of materials.
- Mentoring and training of less experienced engineers and technicians where required.
- From time to time you may be required to carry out other tasks within the company outside of your job description.
Our ideal Mechanical Project Engineer will have the below skills and experience:
- Ideally qualified in a subject relevant to the role and/or a track record of experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks.
- Experience in basic robotics: programming, usage/manipulation or system integration/automation.
- Electrical knowledge/understanding.
- Determined, self-motivated and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading and managing a small team in the delivery of projects would be advantageous.
- Experience in motorsport, aerospace or other high technology industries.
- Working knowledge of material fabrication processes for job, batch and mass production levels.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer eager to learn and grow with the company through delivery of professional, cutting-edge, market-relevant products and solutions.
£35,000 per annum depending on experience. (inclusive of call-out allowance).
You will usually work 39 hours per week; 7.00am to 4.15pm Monday to Thursday, and 7.00am to 12.00am on Friday. Significant additional hours will be paid as overtime.
25 days paid holiday per year, plus Bank holidays
Life insurance and a contributory pension scheme.