We are looking to recruit a plant Maintenance Engineer to join our busy manufacturing business in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, on a full time, permanent basis working 39 hours per week.
The successful candidate will benefit from working in a newly built well laid-out factory recently fitted out with a range of new and newly refurbished equipment. This is an opportunity for an ambition candidate to make the job their own.
Similar job titles – Maintenance Technician / Shift Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer / Electrical Engineer / Mechanical engineering / Production Engineering
The key tasks & accountabilities for this role would be:
- To manage the maintenance of a range of complex special purpose electro–mechanical equipment, working closely with production team and engineering team to help minimise production downtime.
- This is a hands-on role through which you will provide a reactive first level response to any equipment breakdown, diagnosing and where necessary calling on a range of experts, equipment suppliers and in-house knowledge to help bring about a quick repair.
- To be flexible enough to work out of contractual hours as necessary to fulfil the needs of your role, with the confidence to respond positively and work under pressure.
- To have a highly organised approach to your work, good attention to detail, with good diagnostic and problem-solving skills and able to communicate with all levels within the organisation.
- Plan and carry out preventive maintenance to help us minimise equipment downtime, pro-actively update and developing our preventive maintenance schedules to help reduce the incidence of breakdown and loss of production.
- Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment, to include maintaining and managing an inventory of key spares to cover breakdown and service requirements.
- You will help us identify improvement opportunities to our plant, equipment, and production processes, and thereby help reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns. You will also be aware of health and safety as it relates to the Maintenance Engineer role.
The ideal candidate: We are seeking an experienced multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer. You will probably be biased towards electrical and control, but equally comfortable with mechanical equipment and capable of basic fabrication work to facilitate machine repair. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of relevant experience in a similar role. Candidates will probably come from a manufacturing industry, will ideally be apprenticeship trained, and hold the relevant engineering qualifications. You will also be keen to learn new skills and willing to attend both on-site and off-site training courses. This will include the possibility of specialist training overseas (probably the Netherlands).
Zircotec is a fast-growing UK manufacturing business that is rapidly becoming a global brand. At our factory in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, we process and supply performance enhancing components for the automotive and motorsport sectors. Our products are used by major performance vehicle manufacturers; motorsport teams; and aftermarket customers world-wide. Our ongoing expansion has created a range of interesting opportunities for talented and motivated individuals to join our engineering and development team.
£35,000 per annum depending on experience. (inclusive of call-out allowance).
You will usually work 39 hours per week; 7.00am to 4.15pm Monday to Thursday, and 7.00am to 12.00am on Friday. Significant additional hours will be paid as overtime.
25 days paid holiday per year, plus Bank holidays
Life insurance and a contributory pension scheme.