We have an exciting opportunity for you to kickstart your engineering career involving development projects in automotive, motorsport and low-carbon vehicle breakthrough technologies. We are looking for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer who is passionate about thermal engineering, manufacturing, engineering design and innovation to join our project team based in Abingdon. You will join us on a full-time basis and in return receive a competitive salary of up to £23,000 per annum.
Zircotec specialises in heat management. We are experts in plasma-spray processing, production of high-performance surface coatings, heat shields and finishes. We apply this knowledge to a broad range of sectors including motorsport, general automotive, nuclear, aerospace, defence, niche vehicles and off-highway. Zircotec is poised for rapid growth within the next year.
Our product range includes plasma applied ceramic thermal barriers and a broad range of thermal management technologies. This is a rapidly growing company working in F1, automotive, aerospace, low carbon vehicle applications and emerging technologies to deliver class leading thermal solutions.
Responsibilities as our Graduate Mechanical Engineer will include:
– Design solutions for process and manufacturing
– Support on projects run by project engineers
– Contribute to new product development, design and testing
– Thermal simulation and testing
– Design and testing of tools, jigs and fixtures for projects and production support
– Support the sales department with engineering data and concept solutions
– Running of testing programs and report findings under supervision of Project Engineers.
– From time to time and when needed you will be required to carry out tasks outside of the responsibilities of the role.
Our ideal Graduate Mechanical Engineer will have the below skills and experience:
– Qualification or experience within a relevant engineering field
– Previous work experience within the automotive or aerospace industry (even as part of internship)
– Electrical knowledge
– Lead design, build, test and reporting of prototype equipment
– Pragmatic approach to problem solving
– Strong analytical skills, with good attention to detail
– Effective communicator and collaborator
– Works well both in a team and independently
– Proficient at Excel, Word, etc
Other advantageous experience as our Graduate Mechanical Engineer include Thermal modelling, FEA simulation and basic programming knowledge.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to kickstart your career! If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Graduate Mechanical Engineer then please click ‘Apply’ today!