Zircotec has refined its plasma-spray coating technology to allow metal and ceramic coatings to be applied to carbon composite, glass-fibre and a range of plastic materials.
Our composite coatings have be used widely in F1, NASCAR, WEC, DTM and other motorsport teams due to our ThermoHold® technology, which enables our coatings to allow high strength lightweight materials to be used in environments for which they would otherwise be unsuitable.
Our plasma based application process results in coatings that are extremely well adhered where the coating is bonded to the composite. As a result our coatings are robust; highly resistant to vibration and mechanical damage; and tolerant to significant flexing of the substrate.
Our carbon composite coatings are tailored to…
- Protect against heat and fire
- Our thermal barrier coatings protect against radiant heat or hot gas, provide fire resistance, and protect carbon composite against delimitation and resin melt.
- Protect against wear, abrasion & physical damage
- We have coatings that provide physical protection to vulnerable surfaces, helping to prevent wear and abrasion.
- Provide a thin electrically conductive coating
- Provide Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) shielding for carbon composite components.
- Electrical insulation
- We offer an extremely effective electrical insulation coating that electrically isolates the substrate from its surroundings.
- We offer a range of attractive finishes, including both metal and ceramic finishes in a range of colours and textures: Performance Colours, Endurance Range, Primary Range, Ultimate range.