Our ceramic exhaust coatings were originally developed for motorsport applications, but are now widely used on vintage and classic cars including those used on both the road and track, delivering:
- High levels of durability – Our plasma application process means that our coatings are in effect “welded” in place, forming a solid “fit-and-forget”ceramic layer on the exhaust.
- A range of stylish finishes – We have a vast array of colour options, styles and finishes to chose from, all equally applicable to both new and used parts. Our coatings can often simulate an original factory finish whilst improving the appearance of age damaged and corroded parts.
- Much lower exhaust temperatures – Exhaust surface temperatures can reduced by ~33% with greater reductions for components close to the exhaust and rapid cooling of the exhaust surface when the engine is turned off.
- Lower under bonnet temperatures – Offering improved engine performance, reliability and efficiency whilst helping to eliminate the fuel evaporation problems that can occur with modern fuels.
- Protection for vulnerable components – Avoiding heat damage, increasing component life and protecting under bonnet components, bodywork and vehicle aesthetics from stray heat.
- Reduced heat soak – Drivers are potentially cooler and more comfortable with vastly reduced heat transfer from the engine, exhaust and under bonnet region.
Our coating can be applied to a wide range of parts including exhaust manifold and headers, down pipes, silencers, and the entire array of other exhaust system parts. They can also be applied to any other areas of classic cars including engine parts where heat or heat damage is a problem. We offer three different types of ceramic coating for vintage and classic car applications;
- Performance White Motorsport – A development of our original motorsport product, this coating offers the ultimate in performance but can also simulate the factory finish white or asbestos colour applied to the manifold region of some cars.
- Performance Colours™ – Based on our Performance White™ formulation and with similar levels of performance, this coating incorporates a coloured outer layer that seals the ceramic surface and offers a choice of 14 different colours. It is used in a wide variety of automotive and motorsport applications, being a best-seller among classic cars to match the engine bay and the looks of the original OEM manifolds colour scheme.
- Primary Black™ – Developed specifically for those customers who want the benefits of a Zircotec coating but do not require the extreme thermal barrier performance of our other coatings and are happy with the standard matt black appearance of this coating. Perfect for the Classic car user who want to protect their exhaust manifolds from corrosion.
Flexible Ceramic Heat Shield Materials: In addition to coatings we also offer ZircoFlex® which is our industry leading high performance flexible ceramic heat shield material that incorporates our high performance coating technology within a self-install flexible material. Available in a number of sizes and formats, and easily self-installed by hand or machine, it is now widely used throughout the automotive and motorsport sectors and offers a number of benefits for classic and vintage car applications, e.g. to help reduce heat soak through footwells. When restoring a classic car, these heat shields are the best solution on the market.
Buy your heat shield here!
Our thermal barrier ceramic coatings are the pinnacle of heat management for the automotive industry. We have years of experience in coating exhaust systems for old Jaguars, Jensen, MGs, Aston Martin, Ferrari and other Classic Cars. Get a Quote today for your classic car and enjoy the benefits of lower temperatures under the bonnet.