via our Online Shop.
ZircoFlex® is a revolutionary flexible ceramic heat shield material, offering superb thermal barrier performance at minimal weight and minimal
thickness. The material is produced as a thin aluminium or gold backed foil that is:
- Flexible - ZircoFlex® is easily bent and manipulated to suit different geometries, and can even be
folded tightly through 180o
without damaging the thermal barrier.
- Lightweight - ZircoFlex I® weighs only
0.46kg/m2 (0.23kg/m2 for ZircoFlex® Gold).
- Extremely thin - at 0.25mm overall (0.17mm for ZircoFlex® Gold) needing only minimal space for installation.
- Metal backed, so the material is robust and easy to handle.
- Easily cut and installed by hand or machine.
- Easily fixed in place using mechanical fasteners or high temperature
adhesives (supplied separately by Zircotec).
ZircoFlex® is available in a number of formats
- ZircoFlex I® - this is ZircoFlex® in its single thickness format (as outlined above);
- ZircoFlex II® - an engineered double thickness format offering additional thermal barrier performance and a little more rigidity; still thin (~0.5mm) and lightweight (~1 kg/m2);
- ZircoFlex III® - an engineered triple thickness format offering yet more thermal performance. This is a relatively rigid material that can be used to construct small self-supporting structures, though it is still easily cut and bent to shape and is still relatively thin (~0.85mm) and lightweight (~1.5 kg/m2).
- ZircoFlex® Gold - a high performance yet ultra lightweight and ultra thin heatshield material offering exceptional levels of protection against both radiant and conductive heat in a single easy to use product. Its real gold backing provides maximum levels of heat reflectivity.
Follow the links to each specific ZircoFlex® product for further technical details including performance data, available sizes and formats.
- Protection of engine bay components
from engine/exhaust heat
- Bodywork protection
- Reduction of heat soak through
footwells, bulkheads, etc.
- Fuel tank protection
- Thermal insulation of silencer units,