Devised as a lower cost derivative of our exhaust coating technology, this ceramic coating retains all of the
quality and durability for which Zircotec's
coatings are renowned. Balancing thermal performance with affordability, this ceramic coating will appeal to car and bike users who
want the benefits of Zircotec's
plasma sprayed thermal barrier coatings, but who might not need the ultra high levels of thermal barrier performance offered by some of our other offerings.
This ceramic coating offers the following key benefits:
- Robust fit-and-forget ceramic coating that is in effect
"welded" to the substrate using our proprietary metal bond
system; eliminating the need for exhaust wrap; protecting components
against corrosion; and continuing to perform and look good. With no compromise on quality, this coating has passed our full product validation regime.
- Attractive black finish with a ceramic coating based on our proprietary ThermoHold® technology. More colours may be available in due course.
- High level of thermal performance - suitable
for applications of
up to 900oC (1,650oF).
- Significantly lower exhaust
temperatures - even though this is our "entry level" coating, it still offers a potential
25% reduction in manifold or exhaust system surface temperatures - significantly better than ceramic paint type products that typically offer a ~9% reduction (see our coating perfomance chart which is based on a typical uncoated manifold temperature of 600oC/1,112oF).
- Reduced heat loss from the exhaust - resulting in lower engine bay temperatures. Reductions of ~30oC are possible.
- Highly efficient yet lightweight - only 0.3mm thick (0.012" thick) with minimal weight gain.
Protection for vulnerable components located close to the exhaust; avoiding heat damage, increasing component life, and allowing closer packaging of equipment inside the engine bay.
Improved engine performance and reliability. Lower air intake temperatures lead to increased engine power, whilst keeping the heat inside the exhaust gas allows the gases to flow more easily increasing cylinder scavenging, and allowing turbochargers to spool up more quickly.
Reduced heat soak through footwells, bulkheads, etc. so drivers are potentially cooler, more comfortable, and more able to concentrate.
Rapid cooling of the exhaust when the engine is turned off - the surface temperature of the coating drops quickly when the engine is off, making pit stops faster, easier and safer.
- Genuine value for money - firmly within the budget of those who might otherwise choose exhaust wrap or ceramic paint type products (this plasma-sprayed ceramic coating offers up to 3x the performance of a ceramic paint but at a comparable price - plus the benefits of our product guarantee).
- 1-year product guarantee - this
coating is covered
by our comprehensive 1-year product guarantee irrespective of whether we coat your system when it is new or used. We even offer this level of guarantee on classic car exhausts (read more).
This coating is ideal for exhaust, manifold and turbocharger systems on mid
performance or classic cars where paint products and exhaust wrap often have
only a very limited life.
It is very popular for the classic and mid performance car markets
such as Ford Escort, Mini, Caterham 7,
BMW 3 Series, VW Golf GTI and Honda Civic, and is also popular with bikes. Higher performance vehicles such as
the Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Evo as well as motorsport customers are
likely to be better suited to our Performance RangeTM
Unable to decide on your finish? - You can now purchase a small samples
of this coating with the knowledge that the cost of your purchase (up
to 3 samples) will be refunded against your coating order.