Zircotec’s Ceramic Coating
We have developed a range of ultra high performance plasma-sprayed ceramic coating to protect components from the effects of fire, heat, wear, abrasion and corrosion.
Our ceramic coating is highly effective when used on engine exhaust system components including exhaust manifolds, exhaust headers, cat boxes, turbochargers and tail pipes, helping to protect sensitive components from the effects of heat. As an exhaust coating they reduce under bonnet temperatures, increase engine performance, help solve engine packaging issues, and improve engine compartment safety. Based on our proprietary ThermoHold® formulation, our ceramic coating range can only be applied by Zircotec. A series of patent applications are in progress (with two now granted) to protect our technology. Our ceramic coating have been proven to:
- Reduce underbonnet temperatures by up to 50oC (122oF), as independently measured & confirmed by DAMAX Race Engineering.
- Reduce surface temperatures by 33%.
- Increase engine performance, eg. a 30oC drop in intake air temperature can deliver a 6% increase in power, or can increase engine efficiency leading to less fuel usage.
- Extend the life of vulnerable components and thereby enhance engine reliability.
We are specialists in heat management. We are also experts in plasma-spray processing and the production of high performance surface coatings and finishes. Our technical specialists are able to provide advice on most thermal barrier, heat management and surface engineering issues.
We apply this knowledge to a broad range of sectors including motorsport, general automotive, nuclear, aerospace and defence, providing both expert advice and specialist products to our customer base. We supply:
- Plasma-sprayed thermal barrier coatings; exhaust coatings; exhaust manifold coatings; inlet manifold coatings; engine coatings; turbo charger housing coatings; exhaust header coatings & heat shield materials.
- Wear resistant, anti-corrosion and aesthetic coatings, finished in either ceramic or metal.
- Ceramic coating and metal coatings for carbon composites and some plastics, providing an heat and fire resistance, and also protection against abrasion and wear.
- Specialist plasma-sprayed ceramic products.